Tuesday 19 July 2011

And it begins!

So today is Day 3 of the diet for my boyfriend and I. However, I am going to take you back in time to the week before we started.

We arrived back from a two week holiday in New Zealand, having gone on an eating tour of the country it definitely was time to lose some extra weight. Also the previous four months, I had been cooking like the world was on the verge of running out of butter, sugar, and flour (ironic since my boyfriend is a wheat farmer). I also had been eating like a man, surrounded by men that ate like an army, my body struggled to keep up.

I ordered the book before we left on our trip, and it arrived a few days after we got back. I excitedly read the 17 Day Diet. I am perfectly capable eating and exercising in a healthy way, I did it the entire time I was at university. However, I have never tried to do it while living with someone. I really didn't think he would go for a remodelling of our diet, unless there was a method to it. The 17 Day Diet was definitely something we could do.

I looked online at the 17 day diet recipe forum endorsed by "The Doctors" and started getting ideas. Now welive in a rural part of Western Australia, so some of the fancier things mentioned aren't accessible for me, whether they are American products, or just not in our tiny IGA. I do one grocery shop a week, and the rest of the time we just live off of what we have in the pantry. I find that meal planning is the best way for me to avoid distractions in the grocery store.

Now as you may know, the 17 day diet has 4 cycles. I will outline the criteria for the first cycle in my next blog. My menu for this week began like this:

Day 1: Breakfast- Vegetable Omelet, Lunch- Taco Salad, Dinner- PF Chang Style Lettuce Wraps with Sauteed bok choi.
(I was very happy with this meal plan... James was not, he felt like lettuce wraps were a lunchtime meal and not hearty enough for his dinner. This was great because he finally wanted participate in the menu planning... I had to change half of it).

Day 2: B-Same, L-Same, Dinner- Turkey Meatloaf with Cauliflower Mash and Roasted Broccoli
(He said we could it this dinner 3 times a week and he would be happy- but I'd be bored)

Day 3: B- Vegetable Omelet with last nights meatloaf leftovers, L-Same, Dinner- BBQ chicken, coleslaw, and green beans.

Day 4: B- Same, L- Mediterranean Salad, Dinner- Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry

Day 5: B- Same, L- Mediterranean Salad, Dinner- Greek Chicken with Spinach and Tomatoes

Day 6: B- Same, L- Greek Salad, Dinner- Rasberry Chipotle Chicken with broccolini

Day 7: B- Same, L- Rasberry Chicken Salad, Swedish Meatballs with mixed vegetables.

So it all sounds pretty delicious and doable right? Did I mention you get snacks as well! I'll post recipes for those too. So stop salivating, start eating, and start losing wieght!

No comments:

Post a Comment